Oct 14, 2013 by Matt Lampson
Thank you to everyone who participated, donated, promoted and walked in the 15th Annual LLS of Central Ohio Light The Night Walk for Team LampStrong.
We raised over $14,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in our first year. This will help "Make Some Day Today" and find a cure for all blood cancers.
"I can't thank the Crew fans and the Crew community enough for all the help they've done." - Matt Lampson
Follow Team LampStrong and Matt's efforts on Twitter at @LampStrong
Wear You Black & Gold!
Oct 11, 2013 by Matt Lampson
Thank you to everyone for all the Crew support for Matt Lampson & Team Lampstrong. Please remember to show your Crew colors and wear Black & Gold to the Light The Night Walk at Bicentennial Park on Saturday, October 12th.
See below for details of the event:
- 5:30pm Registration Opens
- 6:00pm Remembrance Ceremony
- 7:00pm Survivor Ceremony with Matt Lampson
- 7:00pm Opening Ceremonies
- 1-mile Light The Night Walk to follow
This is a family friendly event with a Kids' Area open throughout and dogs are also welcome to attend.
If you attend the event, be sure to use @LampStrong on Twitter when tweeting about it.
Team LampStrong T-shirts by adidas have arrived!
Oct 11, 2013 by Matt Lampson
Special thanks to adidas for providing these one of a kind Team LampStrong/Lampson 28 t-shirts for the Light The Night Walk on Saturday, October 12. Everyone who raises over $100 for Team LampStrong will receive one at the walk at Bicentennial Park in downtown Columbus.
Team LampStrong T-shirt Designs
Oct 03, 2013 by Matt Lampson
Thank you to adidas USA for providing the Team LampStrong T-shirts that everyone who raises over $100 for Team LampStrong will receive one on Saturday, October 12 at the Central Ohio LLS Light The Night Walk at Bicentennial Park in Downtown Columbus.
Team LampStrong Fundraiser with Special Guest Matt Lampson
Oct 04, 2013 by Matt Lampson
Matt Lampson will be a special guest at Hendoc’s Pub on High Street. There will be drink specials throughout the night with tips and a dollar off of each drink special going to support Team LampStrong and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Central Ohio 15th Annual Light the Night Walk. Raffle tickets will be sold for autographed Crew items, and other prizes that will be given away.
Date: Monday, October 7: 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. ET
Location: Hendoc’s Pub 2375 N. High St Columbus, OH 43202
Team LampStrong Fundraiser featuring Special Guest Matt Lampson
Oct 01, 2013 by Matt Lampson
Come out to Fado Irish Pub to watch the UEFA Champions League matches with Matt Lampson on Tuesday, October 1. Special drink tickets are available with a donation to Team LampStrong and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Central Ohio 15th Annual Light the Night Walk. Raffle tickets will be sold for autographed Crew items, Crew tickets and other prizes that will be given away at halftime of the matches.
Date: Tuesday, October 1: 2:30 p.m. ET
Location: Fado Irish Pub 4022 Townsfair Way Columbus, OH 43219
Welcome to Team LampStrong's Homepage
Sep 29, 2013
Welcome to the Matt Lampson Light The Night Page.
In 2007, Crew goalkeeper Matt Lampson was fighting for his life after being diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin's lymphoma. Heading into his freshman year of college, Lampson beat cancer and overcame the physical toll extensive chemotherapy and radiation treatment had on his body to emerge as one of top goalies in the Big Ten while playing collegiately at Ohio State and in the Crew Soccer Academy. In 2012, Lampson signed with the Columbus Crew of Major League Soccer as the team’s second Homegrown Player in team history. Now, almost six years after his diagnosis, he is teaming with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to raise awareness for the deadly disease by becoming the Spokesperson for the Central Ohio LLS Chapter.
"Having dealt with lymphoma myself, I felt a strong need to raise awareness," the 23-year-old netminder explained. "One of the biggest things that I want is to never have someone have to go through what I went through. Having dealt with it myself and seeing everyone that has gone through it and lost their lives from it, it's something that I think not everyone knows about."
Join Matt Lampson, and Team LampStrong to help The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) find cures and ensure access to treatments for blood cancer patients. Help make Someday, Today.
Register to walk with Team LampStrong at the October 12 walk in downtown Columbus at Bicentennial Park. You can be apart of the thousands of individuals who come out to do the 1-mile, family friendly lap to show they are standing up and speaking out about ending blood cancers today. Everyone who comes is encouraged to be a Champion for Cures.
What it means to be a Champion for Cures:
- Light The Night Participant shirt
- Lantern to help illuminate the 1-mile walk
- Wristband for food
- Team LampStrong Bracelet (see below)
- With a $100 donation, you can receive an official Team LampStrong t-shirt
Can’t walk? Show your support for Matt, Team LampStrong, and the millions of blood cancer patients by donating today.
- A donation of $30 provides patients and their loved ones with FREE booklets that contain up-to-date information on their disease and help them make informed decisions about their treatment options.
- A donation of $50 makes possible a Family Support group with a trained facilitator where comfort can be found and experiences can be shared among patients and family members.
- A donation of $100 helps supply laboratory researchers with supplies and materials critical to carrying out their search for cures.
- A donation of $1,000 makes possible one- on-one conversations with health care specialists who provide patients with information about their disease, treatment options, and helps prepare them with questions for their health care team.
Unfortunately, this story isn’t uncommon.
- Every four minutes, there is someone diagnosed with a blood cancer.
- In 2012, there were more than 1 million individuals and their families in the United States living with the effects of a blood cancer
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma is the 5th most common cancer
- Leukemia is the most common form of cancer in children and adolescents ages 0-19
Check out the recent breakthrough of taking the AIDS virus, and turning it into a cancer-killer from LLS-funded research: http://vimeo.com/54668275
Thank you for not only honoring Crew homegrown player Matt Lampson with your support, but for joining making the Team LampStrong apart of this front line attack on blood cancers.
Follow Team LampStrong on Twitter @LampStrong