Welcome to our Team's Homepage
Sep 16, 2012
Danielle's Dream Team
We walk in honor of Danielle Mezzanotte. Danielle was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia july 4, 2011. She lost her battle with the disease July 21, 2012. She was 27 years old. Danielle always wanted to help others, even as she was going through the toughest time in her life. She wanted to walk with us this October. She asked us to do this walk for her even if she didn't make it to the walk. The money not only goes to research but part of it goes directly to help patients and their families. Alot of the money we raise goes to fund research at Yale New Haven's Smilow Cancer Center.
If attending be at lighthouse park in New Haven around 5PM to register, walk starts at sundown. Parking is free. Any questions feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Light The Night Walk is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's annual fundraising walk to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer. Hundreds of thousands of participants raise funds for lifesaving research and patient services.
For more than 60 years, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) has been solely focused on people with blood cancers. Presently, we have more than $250 million committed to research across the United States and in ten other countries. Every dollar is provided by concerned donors. We invest in the best, outcome based science:
- Anywhere, with no geographic or institutional boundaries
- Without profit incentive
- To meet unmet Medicare needs of people with blood cancers
And LLS funded advances are helping patients beyond those for whom they were originally developed, including people with solid tumors and auto-immune diseases. In the past decade, nearly 50% (19 out of 39) of the cancer drugs approved by the FDA were approved as treatments for blood cancer patients. Twelve are already approved for people beyond those for whom they were first developed. With your help, we are saving lives.
- A donation of $30 provides patients and their loved ones with FREE booklets that contain up-to-date information on their disease and help them make informed decisions about their treatment options.
- A donation of $50 makes possible a Family Support group with a trained facilitator where comfort can be found and experiences can be shared among patients and family members.
- A donation of $100 helps supply laboratory researchers with supplies and materials critical to carrying out their search for cures.
- A donation of $1,000 makes possible one- on-one conversations with health care specialists who provide patients with information about their disease, treatment options, and helps prepare them with questions for their health care team.
Please join our team's effort today by registering to walk or by making a donation. Your participation in the Light The Night Walk will help save lives. Be sure to check our team Web site frequently to see our progress, and thanks for your support!