Georgia Health Science's Cancer Team Homepage
Jul 08, 2012
Welcome to The Georgia Health Science's Cancer Team's Light The Night Walk homepage.
Light The Night Walk is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's annual fundraising walk to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer. Hundreds of thousands of participants raise funds for lifesaving research and patient services.
For more than 60 years, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) has been solely focused on people with blood cancers. Presently, we have more than $250 million committed to research across the United States and in ten other countries. Every dollar is provided by concerned donors. We invest in the best, outcome based science:
- Anywhere, with no geographic or institutional boundaries
- Without profit incentive
- To meet unmet Medicare needs of people with blood cancers
And LLS funded advances are helping patients beyond those for whom they were originally developed, including people with solid tumors and auto-immune diseases. In the past decade, nearly 50% (19 out of 39) of the cancer drugs approved by the FDA were approved as treatments for blood cancer patients. Twelve are already approved for people beyond those for whom they were first developed. With your help, we are saving lives.
- • A donation of $25 provides patients and their loved ones with FREE booklets that contain up-to-date information on their disease and help them make informed decisions about their treatment options.
- • A donation of $50 makes possible a Family Support group with a trained facilitator where comfort can be found and experiences can be shared among patients and family members.
- • A donation of $100 helps supply laboratory researchers with supplies and materials critical to carrying out their search for cures.
- • A donation of $1,000 makes possible one- on-one conversations with health care specialists who provide patients with information about their disease, treatment options, and helps prepare them with questions for their health care team.
Please join our team's effort today by registering to walk or by making a donation. Last year we raised over 18,000 with 93 walkers. This year our goal is $25,000 and we would like to have over 100 walkers join us for the memorable walk on September 22, 2012. Your participation in the Light The Night Walk will help save lives. Be sure to check our team Web site frequently to see our progress, and thanks for your support!
Colleen Floyd & Jessica Thompson
Co-captains, Georgia Health Science's Cancer Team
|Team Name||Subteam||Walk Site||Date||Team Captain||City/State|| |
|Georgia Health Sciences Cancer Team||The Augusta Common||09/22/12||Colleen Floyd||Augusta, GA|
|Georgia Health Sciences Cancer Team||Augusta State Student Nurses Association||The Augusta Common||09/22/12||Christa Meliezer||Augusta, GA|
|Georgia Health Sciences Cancer Team||Augusta State University||The Augusta Common||09/22/12||Soncerae Beam||Augusta, GA|
|Georgia Health Sciences Cancer Team||The Pumping Station||The Augusta Common||09/22/12||Brad Sandbach||Augusta, GA|