Welcome to Oh My Godfrey and Linsey Godfrey's Team Homepage
Aug 23, 2012
Welcome to the Light The Night Walk Team homepage for Oh My Godfrey and Linsey Godfrey.
I first want to thank you for choosing to make a donation to such an important cause. This disease affects everyone. Young people who haven't yet had a chance to experience life and all of its wonder.
This fundraiser is so important to me because I am a survivor. June 2006 I was diagnosised with Hodgkin's Lymphoma stage 3A. I went through 6 months of chemo which was 12 rounds in all and this year January 4th 2012 I was given the best news I could imagine hearing "You are offically cured of cancer." I truly believe that if it weren't for wonderful, generous people like you who want to make a difference I woudn't be here today.
So thank you so much for taking the time to be a part of something huge and for helping save someone's life. Anything helps! Getting the awareness out there is what is important, raising money for research and educating people on this truly terrible disease. Please help me keep up the fight until we find a cure! I'd love to see it in my lifetime and together I think we can make that happen! Together we can make a difference. Together we can change and save lives.
Thank you endlessly.
-With laughter and love
Light The Night Walk is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's annual fundraising walk to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer. Hundreds of thousands of participants raise funds for lifesaving research and patient services.
For more than 60 years, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) has been solely focused on people with blood cancers. Presently, we have more than $250 million committed to research across the United States and in ten other countries. Every dollar is provided by concerned donors. We invest in the best, outcome based science:
- • • • • • • Anywhere, with no geographic or institutional boundaries
- • • • • • • Without profit incentive
- • • • • • • To meet unmet Medicare needs of people with blood cancers
And LLS funded advances are helping patients beyond those for whom they were originally developed, including people with solid tumors and auto-immune diseases. In the past decade, nearly 50% (19 out of 39) of the cancer drugs approved by the FDA were approved as treatments for blood cancer patients. Twelve are already approved for people beyond those for whom they were first developed. With your help, we are saving lives.
- • • • • • • A donation of $25 provides patients and their loved ones with FREE booklets that contain up-to-date information on their disease and help them make informed decisions about their treatment options.
- • • • • • • A donation of $50 makes possible a Family Support group with a trained facilitator where comfort can be found and experiences can be shared among patients and family members.
- • • • • • • A donation of $100 helps supply laboratory researchers with supplies and materials critical to carrying out their search for cures.
- • • • • • • A donation of $1,000 makes possible one- on-one conversations with health care specialists who provide patients with information about their disease, treatment options, and helps prepare them with questions for their health care team.
Please join our team's effort today by registering to walk or by making a donation. Your participation in the Light The Night Walk will help save lives. Be sure to check our team Web site frequently to see our progress, and thanks for your support!