September 14th Spirit Night at California Tortilla Annapolis!
Aug 29, 2011 by Roxy White
Hey Anne Arundel and Prince George's County - check it!
Please mark Wednesday, Sept. 14th on your calendar, from 5-8pm. I'm hosting a Spirit Night at California Tortilla at the Festival At Riva where 25% of all food sales during that time will be donated to the LightTheNight TeamXpose Annapolis pool!
There will be prize giveaway drawings as well...Message me for more information! :o9
Roxy Loves You!
Jul 21, 2011 by Roxy White
Just saying. :)
In addition to raising money and support for this awesome cause, this is also part of my training regimen for this fall in my quest to lose 100 lbs. by next spring.
Stay tuned and thank you!
My Fundraising Page
Jul 21, 2011
Welcome to my Light The Night Walk homepage. *hughs & kisses*
I'm walking with Team Xpose Annapolis to help raise funds for the Light The Night Walk.
It is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's annual fundraising walk to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer. Hundreds of thousands of participants raise funds for lifesaving research and patient services. (More specifically, my father-in-law, John and my Aunt Karen fought and lost their battles so I walk to honor them)
For more than 60 years, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) has been solely focused on people with blood cancers. Presently, we have more than $250 million committed to research across the United States and in ten other countries. Every dollar is provided by concerned donors. We invest in the best, outcome-based science:
- Anywhere, with no geographic or institutional boundaries
- Without profit incentive
- To meet unmet Medicare needs of people with blood cancers
And, LLS-funded advances are helping patients beyond those for whom they were originally developed, including people with solid tumors and auto-immune diseases. In the past decade, nearly 50% (19 out of 39) of the cancer drugs approved by the FDA were approved as treatments for blood cancer patients. Twelve are already approved for people beyond those for whom they were first developed. With your help, we are saving lives.
- A donation of $25 provides patients and their loved ones with FREE booklets that contain up-to-date information on their disease and help them make informed decisions about their treatment options.
- A donation of $50 makes possible a Family Support group with a trained facilitator where comfort can be found and experiences can be shared among patients and family members.
- A donation of $100 helps supply laboratory researchers with supplies and materials critical to carrying out their search for cures.
- A donation of $1,000 makes possible one- on-one conversations with health care specialists who provide patients with information about their disease, treatment options, and helps prepare them with questions for their health care team.
Please make a donation to support my participation in the Light The Night Walk and help save lives.
Be sure to check my Web site frequently to see my progress, and thanks for your support!