Welcome to our Maddie's Team 2012 fundraising page!
Aug 07, 2012
Our team fundraises and walks in memory of Madeleine Beverly Bahar, who lost her battle with plasma cell leukemia on February 9, 2009 at the age of 25. Maddie is an inspiration to all who knew her and her spirit lives on every day. We also walk for all the others who have lost their battles and for those that continue to fight a battle no one should have to fight.
Thanks to your amazing support, Maddie's Team has raised more than $48,000 since 2009! And we hope to raise another $20,000 this year!
Join Maddie's Team as we fight blood cancers! There are two ways you can help:
- • If you are able to walk with us on Saturday, October 6, join the team by clicking "Walk with Us" at the top of this page and completing the registration process. Once you are signed up, you will get your own fundraising page & your name will appear on our team page. You can use your personal fundraising page to reach out to your network of friends, family and coworkers to raise money for the team!
- • If you can't make it on October 6, please consider making a donation in support of Maddie's Team's fundraising efforts by clicking "Donate Now" on the right side of this page. Thank you so much for your support!
Funds raised go to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society 's mission to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Thank you for your generous support!
About Light The Night & LLS:
Light The Night Walk is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's annual fundraising walk to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer. Hundreds of thousands of participants raise funds for lifesaving research and patient services.
For more than 60 years, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) has been solely focused on people with blood cancers. Presently, we have more than $250 million committed to research across the United States and in ten other countries. Every dollar is provided by concerned donors. We invest in the best, outcome based science:
- Anywhere, with no geographic or institutional boundaries
- Without profit incentive
- To meet unmet Medicare needs of people with blood cancers
And LLS funded advances are helping patients beyond those for whom they were originally developed, including people with solid tumors and auto-immune diseases. In the past decade, nearly 50% (19 out of 39) of the cancer drugs approved by the FDA were approved as treatments for blood cancer patients. Twelve are already approved for people beyond those for whom they were first developed. With your help, we are saving lives.
- A donation of $25 provides patients and their loved ones with FREE booklets that contain up-to-date information on their disease and help them make informed decisions about their treatment options.
- A donation of $50 makes possible a Family Support group with a trained facilitator where comfort can be found and experiences can be shared among patients and family members.
- A donation of $100 helps supply laboratory researchers with supplies and materials critical to carrying out their search for cures.
- A donation of $1,000 makes possible one- on-one conversations with health care specialists who provide patients with information about their disease, treatment options, and helps prepare them with questions for their health care team.
Please join our team's effort today by registering to walk or by making a donation. Your participation in the Light The Night Walk will help save lives. Be sure to check our team Web site frequently to see our progress, and thanks for your support!