Skepchick Team Homepage
Sep 27, 2013
Welcome to our Light The Night Walk Team Fundraising Page.
The Skepchick Team is virtual, meaning anyone can join us to help raise money for lifesaving treatments and research. You don't have to do the walk to join our team, although if you're in Dallas, you can walk along with Skepchicks Elyse Anders and Courtney Caldwell.
Just click on the JOIN button below to take part. If we get 300 members joining our virtual team, Elyse and Courtney will do the Dallas walk while wearing giant light-up cowboy hats.
ALSO, the team member who raises the most money will win a free Surly! See the selection at www.surlyramics.com. (Skepchick Network writers are excluded from this incentive.)
We are also offering several incentives for you to donate via our team:
- For every $1,000 we raise, Melanie Mallon will create superhero likenesses of and for 5 kids with cancer. If you’d like to nominate someone to receive one, send Melanie an email (skepchickevents [at] gmail.com).
- When we reach $2,500, Anne Sauer from Mad Art Lab will design a custom nonalcoholic warm beverage and share the recipe with all of us!
- If we raise $3,500, new Skepchick Olivia will shave her head.
- When we raise $4,000, Kaoru from Queereka will write a positive review of a comic or movie suggested by you, the more irredeemably awful, the better: 2048: A Story of America’s Future? Every Young Man’s Struggle? A couple of Spire Comics’ Christian versions of Archie books? Kaoru will find something legitimately good about it and write a review.
- If we raise $5,000, Brian G from Mad Art Lab will draw a mash-up masterpiece that has to integrate ALL of your suggestions, no matter how unrelated. (We’ll do a post where you can suggest in the comments.) The original will then be auctioned off, with all proceeds going to LLS.
- When we raise $6,000, Avery (who writes for both Queereka and Teen Skepchick) will create a juggling video in which he will include your suggestions for what to juggle (non-dangerous items only).
- At $7,500, Melanie will dress up as a stormtrooper and do her laundry at a public laundromat, with pics to prove it.
- When we hit $8,000, Kaoru will create a super hero costume, go someplace public, and spend several hours helping people in character. Suggestions will be welcome for powers, design ideas, and so forth.
- If we raise $10,000, Rebecca will dye her hair again and you choose the color. (We suggest neon green.)
- At $10,001, Elyse will spend an entire day out in public, running errands, while wearing a shirt with HERO on it as well as all her race medals (6) around her neck, with pics to prove it.
Individual team members (such as Sarah Moglia and Rebecca Watson) are offering additional incentives on their personal fundraising pages, so check those out as well. We'll be adding even more incentives in the future, so be sure to stop back here or on Skepchick.org!
Every penny counts. It all adds up. Thank you for your support!