Reaching For The Stars
Apr 19, 2012 by Aaron Fricke
Normally we don't start raising funds for this until August, but with the lack of Team In Training we figured it is time to start hitting everyone much earlier for what will be our annual fund raiser. The past couple of years we have been able to raise a couple thousand dollars without really pushing too deeply into our pockets so this year we have decided to buckle down and set our goal at $10,000.
That's not a typo. LLS does some amazing work that have touched our lives personally as well as many thousands of other lives out there. It seems all too often we hear of yet another friend or aquaintance that is being touched by cancer and so it is time to step up our efforts and do our very best to insure that those stories have a positive ending.
While I would love each of you to give enough to reach our goal, what I think would be even more impressive would be to grow the size of our team and have even more people join us in the effort to raise a minimum of $100 and more importantly show your support by attending the walk.
I have lots of ideas that I would like to put into action for fund raising and with everyone's support I believe it can be done.
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Thanks for your support!
Welcome to our Team's Homepage
Apr 19, 2012
Welcome to my Light The Night Walk Team homepage.
Light The Night Walk is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's annual fundraising walk to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer. Hundreds of thousands of participants raise funds for lifesaving research and patient services.
For more than 60 years, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) has been solely focused on people with blood cancers. Presently, we have more than $250 million committed to research across the United States and in ten other countries. Every dollar is provided by concerned donors. We invest in the best, outcome based science:
- Anywhere, with no geographic or institutional boundaries
- Without profit incentive
- To meet unmet Medicare needs of people with blood cancers
And LLS funded advances are helping patients beyond those for whom they were originally developed, including people with solid tumors and auto-immune diseases. In the past decade, nearly 50% (19 out of 39) of the cancer drugs approved by the FDA were approved as treatments for blood cancer patients. Twelve are already approved for people beyond those for whom they were first developed. With your help, we are saving lives.
- A donation of $25 provides patients and their loved ones with FREE booklets that contain up-to-date information on their disease and help them make informed decisions about their treatment options.
- A donation of $50 makes possible a Family Support group with a trained facilitator where comfort can be found and experiences can be shared among patients and family members.
- A donation of $100 helps supply laboratory researchers with supplies and materials critical to carrying out their search for cures.
- A donation of $1,000 makes possible one- on-one conversations with health care specialists who provide patients with information about their disease, treatment options, and helps prepare them with questions for their health care team.
Please join our team's effort today by registering to walk or by making a donation. Your participation in the Light The Night Walk will help save lives. Be sure to check our team Web site frequently to see our progress, and thanks for your support!