Emma Boughman's Fundraising Page
Jun 12, 2012
Celebrate 5 - Save Lives!
- On June 18, 2012, Emma will mark 5 years since she was diagnosed with leukemia - a major milestone in her complete recovery!
- This is the 5th year that the Emma's Light Team will walk in the Light The Night Walk - we have raised $22,270 over the past 4 walks. Our goal this year is $7,730, making our five-year total $30,000!
On June 18, 2007, I was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. When the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) was founded in 1949, my diagnosis would have been a death sentence. However, thanks to life saving research funded by LLS, I am now a five-year survivor, and children like me have a 90% chance of recovery. As encouraging as this is, there are thousands of other children and adults suffering right now with blood cancers whose opportunity for survival is not nearly as promising. Please help me eradicate this dreadful disease.
Thank you – Emma Boughman
I was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia June 18, 2007. My 26 months of chemotherapy were challenging for me and my family, but I trusted Jesus to fight the battle for me. I finished chemotherapy on August 23, 2009 and am now leukemia-free - I am a survivor!! I am 8 years old and am in 2nd Grade at Columbia Adventist Academy.
This is my fifth year captaining the Emma's Light Team. Over the past four years, the Emma's Light Team has raised $22,000! This year, the Emma's Light Team is raising the bar even higher with a goal of $7,500!
I would love to have you walk with me on October 4, 2012. Join the Emma's Light Team by clicking the "Walk with Us" link at the top of this page. If you cannot walk with me, please use the links to the right to make a donation to my team.
About the Walk:
Light The Night Walk is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's annual fundraising walk to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer. Hundreds of thousands of participants raise funds for lifesaving research and patient services.
For more than 60 years, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) has been solely focused on people with blood cancers. Presently, we have more than $250 million committed to research across the United States and in ten other countries. Every dollar is provided by concerned donors. We invest in the best, outcome based science:
- Anywhere, with no geographic or institutional boundaries
- Without profit incentive
- To meet unmet Medicare needs of people with blood cancers
And LLS funded advances are helping patients beyond those for whom they were originally developed, including people with solid tumors and auto-immune diseases. In the past decade, nearly 50% (19 out of 39) of the cancer drugs approved by the FDA were approved as treatments for blood cancer patients. Twelve are already approved for people beyond those for whom they were first developed. With your help, we are saving lives.
- A donation of $25 provides patients and their loved ones with FREE booklets that contain up-to-date information on their disease and help them make informed decisions about their treatment options.
- A donation of $50 makes possible a Family Support group with a trained facilitator where comfort can be found and experiences can be shared among patients and family members.
- A donation of $100 helps supply laboratory researchers with supplies and materials critical to carrying out their search for cures.
- A donation of $1,000 makes possible one- on-one conversations with health care specialists who provide patients with information about their disease, treatment options, and helps prepare them with questions for their health care team.
Please make a donation to support my participation in the Light The Night Walk and help save lives. Be sure to check my Web site frequently to see my progress, and thanks for your support!