You guys ROCK!
Oct 12, 2012 by Jessica Keating
Just picked up the check from Domino's, and our fundraiser night last night was "The most successful fundraiser LaVergne Domino's has ever done!" The check was $250!!! That means that Team Trey supporters brought in $2,500 in pizza sales!! (If you can't tell, we're just a bit excited to not only have met, but EXCEEDED our goal!) Thank you all SO much for chipping in and helping to raise awareness for blood cancers!
Update for Team Trey
Oct 02, 2012 by Jessica Keating
For those wanting to donate to Team Trey for the local Light the Night walk: I DO have reciepts available and your donation IS tax deductible! Please message me if you donate and need a reciept.
I also have just spoken with Domino's in LaVergne and our fundraiser day/night will be on October 11. When you mention "Team Trey", "Light the Night walk" or specifically Trey's name, Domino's will donate 10% of your order to Team Trey! I will be getting flyers out to the schools in our area, so they can go home with the kids. Let your friends/family/co-workers know!
Also, if you need a flyer for a bulletin board at work/church, let me know and I will get you one!
Sep 20, 2012 by Jessica Keating
Our team is walking in honor of Trey Jenkins. Trey is a 10 year old little boy that played baseball with my son. In Jan, his family was told that he definitely had cancer, but they had not classified it at that time. On Feb 16, Trey was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma stage 3B. Trey has completed several rounds of Chemotherapy, and is currently going through radiation treatments. He was told in mid-August that he is in remission. YAY!
Welcome to our Team's Homepage
Sep 20, 2012
Welcome to my Light The Night Walk Team homepage.
Light The Night Walk is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's annual fundraising walk to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer. Hundreds of thousands of participants raise funds for lifesaving research and patient services.
For more than 60 years, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) has been solely focused on people with blood cancers. Presently, we have more than $250 million committed to research across the United States and in ten other countries. Every dollar is provided by concerned donors. We invest in the best, outcome based science:
- Anywhere, with no geographic or institutional boundaries
- Without profit incentive
- To meet unmet Medicare needs of people with blood cancers
And LLS funded advances are helping patients beyond those for whom they were originally developed, including people with solid tumors and auto-immune diseases. In the past decade, nearly 50% (19 out of 39) of the cancer drugs approved by the FDA were approved as treatments for blood cancer patients. Twelve are already approved for people beyond those for whom they were first developed. With your help, we are saving lives.
- A donation of $30 provides patients and their loved ones with FREE booklets that contain up-to-date information on their disease and help them make informed decisions about their treatment options.
- A donation of $50 makes possible a Family Support group with a trained facilitator where comfort can be found and experiences can be shared among patients and family members.
- A donation of $100 helps supply laboratory researchers with supplies and materials critical to carrying out their search for cures.
- A donation of $1,000 makes possible one- on-one conversations with health care specialists who provide patients with information about their disease, treatment options, and helps prepare them with questions for their health care team.
Please join our team's effort today by registering to walk or by making a donation. Your participation in the Light The Night Walk will help save lives. Be sure to check our team Web site frequently to see our progress, and thanks for your support!