Welcome to the Lennon, Smith, Souleret Engineering, Inc. (LSSE) Team Page
Aug 14, 2012
LSSE is helping to sponsor this year’s Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night Walk which takes place on Thursday, October 4th at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh. The Light The Night Walk is an annual event held to raise funds to help those battling blood cancers.
In addition to sponsoring, we are assembling a corporate team for the walk and inviting participation by employees, spouses, et al. It is a leisurely 1.9 mile walk along Pittsburgh’s North Shore and begins at 7:30 p.m. followed by fireworks at 8:30 p.m. (registration beings at 5:30 p.m.).
Please join our team's effort today by registering to walk or by making a donation (any amount is appreciated). Your participation in the Light The Night Walk will help save lives.
For those of you who are not aware, LSSE employee Don Hall passed of Stage 4 Lymphoma earlier this year. We are participating in the walk to honor and remember him.
Additional Information on the Walk:
Thursday, October 4, 2012 at Heinz Field
Corner of Art Rooney & General Robinson Streets, North Shore, Pittsburgh, PA
Registration: 5:30 PM
Remembrance Ceremony (Gate A Steps): 6:15 PM
Program in Main Tent: 7:00 PM
Walk Begins: 7:30 PM
Fireworks: 8:30 PM
- Food, fun, and festivities to celebrate and commemorate lives touched by cancer.
- Event will be held rain or shine, and the walk route is a scenic, 1.9 mile stroll on the North Shore of Pittsburgh and over two bridges.
- Family, friends, co-workers, and strollers are welcome - please no dogs, skates, or bicycles.
Background Information: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night:
Light The Night Walk is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's annual fundraising walk to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer. Hundreds of thousands of participants raise funds for lifesaving research and patient services.
For more than 60 years, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) has been solely focused on people with blood cancers. Presently, we have more than $250 million committed to research across the United States and in ten other countries. Every dollar is provided by concerned donors. We invest in the best, outcome based science:
- Anywhere, with no geographic or institutional boundaries
- Without profit incentive
- To meet unmet Medicare needs of people with blood cancers
And LLS funded advances are helping patients beyond those for whom they were originally developed, including people with solid tumors and auto-immune diseases. In the past decade, nearly 50% (19 out of 39) of the cancer drugs approved by the FDA were approved as treatments for blood cancer patients. Twelve are already approved for people beyond those for whom they were first developed. With your help, we are saving lives.
- A donation of $30 provides patients and their loved ones with FREE booklets that contain up-to-date information on their disease and help them make informed decisions about their treatment options.
- A donation of $50 makes possible a Family Support group with a trained facilitator where comfort can be found and experiences can be shared among patients and family members.
- A donation of $100 helps supply laboratory researchers with supplies and materials critical to carrying out their search for cures.
- A donation of $1,000 makes possible one- on-one conversations with health care specialists who provide patients with information about their disease, treatment options, and helps prepare them with questions for their health care team.