My Fundraising Page
Sep 02, 2012
Welcome to my Light The Night Walk homepage. I can't believe that another year has gone by and it's almost time for another Light the Night Walk. I appreciate your support in the past and I'm asking for your help again. Dan is doing really well and had a great year. He did a road race at Gillette Stadium (pictured above), he was the Boy of the Year for the LLS in May and he joined a few other special patients at a Pirates game on the field in August. This week he started 2nd grade and fall baseball. I will continue to support this cause until we reach a 100% cure rate. Then I'll move on to trying to solve other complicated problems like the Red Sox struggles and the Patriots inability to beat the Giants. But in all seriousness, this is a great organization that has helped make great strides in treating these diseases because of generous people like yourselves. I'm also encouraged by the progress being made in treating these diseases with less toxic treatments that can cause side effects that can as serious as the diseases themselves. So I hope that you can support our team again and perhaps join us for the Light the Night Walk on Thursday, October 4, 2012.
Light The Night Walk is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's annual fundraising walk to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer. Hundreds of thousands of participants raise funds for lifesaving research and patient services.
For more than 60 years, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) has been solely focused on people with blood cancers. Presently, we have more than $250 million committed to research across the United States and in ten other countries. Every dollar is provided by concerned donors. We invest in the best, outcome based science:
- Anywhere, with no geographic or institutional boundaries
- Without profit incentive
- To meet unmet Medicare needs of people with blood cancers
And LLS funded advances are helping patients beyond those for whom they were originally developed, including people with solid tumors and auto-immune diseases. In the past decade, nearly 50% (19 out of 39) of the cancer drugs approved by the FDA were approved as treatments for blood cancer patients. Twelve are already approved for people beyond those for whom they were first developed. With your help, we are saving lives.
- A donation of $25 provides patients and their loved ones with FREE booklets that contain up-to-date information on their disease and help them make informed decisions about their treatment options.
- A donation of $50 makes possible a Family Support group with a trained facilitator where comfort can be found and experiences can be shared among patients and family members.
- A donation of $100 helps supply laboratory researchers with supplies and materials critical to carrying out their search for cures.
- A donation of $1,000 makes possible one- on-one conversations with health care specialists who provide patients with information about their disease, treatment options, and helps prepare them with questions for their health care team.
Please make a donation to support my participation in the Light The Night Walk and help save lives. Be sure to check my Web site frequently to see my progress, and thanks for your support!